Approximately 14.5' H x 42' W, this legal wall has been donated by Richards Sign Company for you to hone your skills and keep the tradition of hand painting large scale art alive. It is open to all artists, professional or first time painters. The only requirements are that you follow a few basic rules.
1. RESPECT THE NEIGHBORHOOD. No hate speech, no gang tags, no pornographic material, no obscene tags, no violent or naked imagery and no advertisements. In other words, use common sense. This is an art wall in a neighborhood. Be creative, but don’t be crude. Keep it beautiful so the city can let us keep the art going.
2. KEEP TO THE OPEN WALL BOUNDARIES. This posted wall is the only open wall for legal street art. Do not paint any other surfaces of this building. It is understood that paint splatter will make its way onto the alleyway’s blacktop, and frankly, a little “Jackson Polocking" is just fine by us. However, make sure this splatter doesn’t make it to our neighbor’s building. If your art strays from this open wall, it will be considered vandalism/trespassing and the authorities can be called at the neighborhood’s discretion.
3. BE FRIENDLY AND SAFE. This wall is part of a working business. Be respectful of all neighbors, passerby’s, sign shop customers and employees. Do not block the sidewalks, streets or create any hazards for the public. You are solely liable for the safety of others while you work. You are also solely liable for your own safety while at this location.
4. PICK UP TRASH. Clean up all cans, caps, brushes, used paint cans, etc. when you’re done with your artwork. The longer you keep this a positive, safe art space for you and your fellow artists, the longer we can keep the street art murals up.
5. REVOLVING ART WALL. Don’t be territorial of the wall. Remember, this is an ongoing community collaboration. Overlapping will happen. Murals will change. Masterpieces will be painted over and evolve into one another. What’s here today may be gone tomorrow. Respect your fellow artists and have fun with the wall space.
6. HOURS & NOISE LEVELS. Strictly speaking, the wall is open 24/7. Still, we strongly recommend for convenience and general safety, that you only use the wall during daylight hours. Additionally, you are surrounded by family homes, so be considerate and make sure you obey all city noise and light restriction ordinances.
7. DON’T BREAK THE LAW. Lastly, don’t be stupid. You break any government laws, that’s on you to work out with the authorities. Keep your actions legal so we can keep the wall legal.
That’s it. Keep these common sense rules and you are welcome to this legal street mural wall. Break the rules and you will be asked to leave or, if need be, removed by the police.
Thank you for your cooperation and courtesy. We look forward to your creativity!
Sincerely, Richards Sign Company